2013-2014 was a rough winter on our honeybees. December was decent but January through March was brutal on the girls. Despite our best efforts to prep the hives for winter and leave them to over winter with 50 to 80 lbs of honey, my beekeeping friends (Ron, Glen and Paul) and I lost 50 to 100 percent of our hives. What surprised me most was my strongest and healthiest hives died. I always try to figure out what happened by doing a through...
Home » Posts Tagged "dead honeybees"
Welcome to the blog pages…
If there is something about our honey or natural beekeeping that you want to know more about, just let me know and I will try to write about it. Thanks for visiting!
Search My Blog
- Another Awesome Raw Honey Harvest With Friends and Family!
- What is a lb of honey anyway? Convert lbs to Cups or Fluid Oz or mL
- Ever wonder where we get our Honeybees?
- Best Harvest Ever!
- Spring Queen Inspection with Newbies
- A Chilly Start to the Season!
- Another Harvest and New Beekeepers Join the Fun!
Raw Honey Web Pages
© Whitfield's Raw Honey, 2013-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Bryan Whitfield is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Whitfield's Raw Honey with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.