This spring I had the pleasure of having my friend Dereck, and his 9 year old son Evan, join me for a queen inspection. It is always fun to be able to show kids an active hive and see their eyes go wide as saucers when they are eye to eye with 30,000 – 50,000 honey bees! This inspection was to see if the queens I installed a few weeks ago were producing brood. One of the things I look for is pollen being hauled into the hives. This can...
Home » Posts Tagged "brood"
Welcome to the blog pages…
If there is something about our honey or natural beekeeping that you want to know more about, just let me know and I will try to write about it. Thanks for visiting!
Search My Blog
- Another Awesome Raw Honey Harvest With Friends and Family!
- What is a lb of honey anyway? Convert lbs to Cups or Fluid Oz or mL
- Ever wonder where we get our Honeybees?
- Best Harvest Ever!
- Spring Queen Inspection with Newbies
- A Chilly Start to the Season!
- Another Harvest and New Beekeepers Join the Fun!
Raw Honey Web Pages
© Whitfield's Raw Honey, 2013-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Bryan Whitfield is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Whitfield's Raw Honey with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.