Keith and Laura in Clarkston recently called me to help get their new Warre hives ready for the season. Having never seen a Warre style hive, I was curious and was glad to help. Here are some images from my visit: This is an photo of the bees drawing out the top bars with wax comb. Photo angle is from the bottom. Bar pacing is similar to a Langstroth hive but but there are no frames or foundation. It is amazing how fast the...
Home » Posts made in May, 2015
Welcome to the blog pages…
If there is something about our honey or natural beekeeping that you want to know more about, just let me know and I will try to write about it. Thanks for visiting!
Search My Blog
- Another Awesome Raw Honey Harvest With Friends and Family!
- What is a lb of honey anyway? Convert lbs to Cups or Fluid Oz or mL
- Ever wonder where we get our Honeybees?
- Best Harvest Ever!
- Spring Queen Inspection with Newbies
- A Chilly Start to the Season!
- Another Harvest and New Beekeepers Join the Fun!
Raw Honey Web Pages
© Whitfield's Raw Honey, 2013-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Bryan Whitfield is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Whitfield's Raw Honey with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.